Situated at Rakchon-ri, Kowon County, South Hamgyong Province, it has a long history.
It was built in 753 and now there remain the Taeung Hall (main shrine), Manse Pavilion and Muryangsu Hall. The main shrine was rebuilt in 1636 and Manse Pavilion was enlarged in 1729. The temple preserves paintings and other historical relics reflecting the contemporary life. It is one of the distinguished temples in Korea for its size and history.