It is located at the ridge of Mt. Tonghung.
Standing atop the mountain, it is a historical place used in wartime as the northern commanding post of the Hamhung Fort.
The pavilion was built on a high foundation laid with granite pieces.
It was first built in 1108 in the period of Koryo dynasty and reconstructed in 1613 in the period of feudal Joson dynasty.